To provide a high standard of service to you, there is a need for us to collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we use your personal data after once it is obtained.
1.What Data will we collect
We may also collect all or some of the following information relating to you:
– Name, telephone number, address, email address.
– For all booking purposes we will also require the names, date of birth and passport information for all guests in the party.
– If you are renting your property through us we will need your name, telephone number, address, email address, details about the property, and bank details.
We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
2.How will we collect Data by you
– When you also purchase service through us
– When you also subscribe to our newsletter
– When you also speak to any of our team regarding an enquiry or a booking
– When you also complete a survey or enter a competition
3. Data that is received from also publicly available third parties sources
4. Data that is collected automatically
-To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your data automatically
Example: we may collect information such as your IP address, online activity, web browser details and online activity This information helps us to make improvements to the website.
5. What is the Data used for?
– to enable us to complete your enquiry and/or booking
– for subscribers we will also tell you about offers and news relation to the service we provide.
– to process payments. BASC or by our merchant provider on their secure platform who are audited and certified as PCI service level 1.
– to manage also your booking arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
– For the purpose of completing your booking, we will have to disclose some of your information also to the providers of the services (supplier/principal). It is the duty (by Portuguese law) of the supplier/principle to submit all guest’s passport details to SEF (Portuguese Border Control). Further information can be found on the flowing link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Portugal.html When you click the link go to Entry, exit and Visa requirements.
– If it is required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. All bookings are processed by a secure hardened server infrastructure hosted behind a secure firewall at a world-class SSAE-16 (SOC 1/SOC 2/SOC 3) certified data centre that has also been ISO 27001 certified to maximise your information to be secure, however transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
6. Who we share Data with
-our employees, suppliers/property owners or also professional advisors for enquiry booking purposes to fulfil holiday plans on your behalf for example management companies, property suppliers, car hire and also other suppliers.
-third party service providers who process payments and refunds that are held securely by our merchant provider who is audited and certified as PCI service provider Level 1
-third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data to manage bookings, travel plans and help third party providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our website to run smoothly.
-relevant authorities, to abide with the Portuguese law by submitting all guest details; passport information to the Portuguese border control (SEF). All information provided is treated with strict confidentially and only supplied to the property supplier, owner or management company who must pass the information to the Portuguese border control.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. All bookings are processed by a secure hardened server infrastructure hosted behind a secure firewall at a world-class SSAE-16 (SOC 1/SOC 2/SOC 3) certified data centre that has also been ISO 27001 certified to maximise your information to be secure. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission.
7. Keeping Data secure
– We use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data for example:
a. we access your account via a controlled password and username that is unique to you
b. we store your data on a secure server which is IS0 27001 certified
– Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If suspect any misuse, please let us know immediately by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Opt-Out Policy
– Subscribers can also opt out of receiving further information from us at any time. You will also be given a fast and easy option of opting out on all communications. Email us at email@example.com to unsubscribe.
9. Your rights
1. You have the following rights:
a. To request any copies of information that we are holding about you or any guests in your party/booking, including modified and/or updated information. Where we are legally permitted to, your request for such information may be refused and, in such cases, we will also advise the reasons.
b. To amend any details accordingly should they be also incomplete or incorrect.
c. To delete or remove data we are holding about you or also any guests in your party/booking, including modified and/or updated information. Where we are legally permitted to, your request may be refused and, in such cases, we will advise the reasons. Please note some data is passed on to 3rd parties, including for legal reasons, to complete bookings. In these instances where legally required information is passed on we cannot guarantee your request will be fulfilled.
d. To restrict or limit us from using your data. If such data is needed to continue with your booking request, then the booking will be cancelled.
e. To request we move, copy and/or transfer also your data. If your request interferes with the continuation of your booking request, then the booking will be cancelled.
f. To object to the use of your data. If your request interferes with the continuation of your booking request, then the booking will be cancelled.
2. Should you exercise any of the rights above or withdraw consent to using/processing your data (where there is legal basis to use/process your data) please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you make a complaint due to your dissatisfaction in the way we handle your data you may refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority in the UK – ICO (Information Commissioners Office and their website is https://ico.org.uk/
4. It is important that the data you provide to us is accurate and updated accordingly. Any changes must be reported to us in writing.
10. Website Links
-Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
11. Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.